Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
April 30th 2020
Member use agreement:
- I agree to stay home if I’m sick, even if it’s just a common cold.
- I agree to use the hand sanitizer at the front desk upon entry to the building and before touching any surfaces (other than entry doors).
- I agree to wash my hands frequently but especially after using the bathroom, sneezing or coughing,
- I agree to wear a face-covering while in the open workspace to the extent possible that it doesn’t interfere with my health.
- I agree that my visitors/clients to the building are by appointment only, I will greet them at the front door and ask them to abide by the same sanitation and safety standards that I do as a Member.
- I agree to sanitize my workstation regularly.
- When working in common areas including the meeting rooms and flex offices I agree to wipe down all surfaces after each use including chairs, remotes, tables, door handles.
- I agree to remain socially distanced from other members at all times by respecting taped boundaries, not over-crowding meeting rooms, being mindful in corridors, printing stations, mail station, the front entrance, and the kitchen.
• Treat other members with courtesy and respect and maintain a non-disruptive work environment. • Treat the space with respect. • Keep current with membership dues.
• The Boardroom is a shared office. Members may overhear or know of sensitive information. Members must respect the rights of privacy and non-disclosure of fellow coworkers/members.
• Last one out? Close up shop. If you are the last person to leave, turn off the lights, tidy up, and make sure the door locks behind you.
• Reduce. Don't print material that could remain in digital form; turn off lights or appliances that aren't being used, even if you didn't turn them on.
• Reuse. Put scrap paper in the scrap-paper bin and print with it when possible.
• Recycle. There are recycling bins in most rooms next to the garbage bins.
The following terms and conditions apply to all coworking memberships. If you have questions about any of the terms, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All memberships require a minimum of 14-day cancelation notice. A written notice must be given 14 days in advance of renewal for all community, flex, and dedicated desk members in order to cancel membership for the following month. A written notice must be given 30 days in advance of renewal in order to cancel a private office membership.
2.) Description of Services: The Boardroom may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as The Boardroom may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU. Nothing herein shall be interpreted as granting to the member any interest in real property, whether leasehold or otherwise, and any access that the member has to the building and facilities is fully revocable by The Boardroom at any time for any or no reason.
3.) No Unlawful or Prohibited Use: As a condition of your use of the Services, you agree not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server or network(s) connected to The Boardroom, or interfere with any other member’s use and enjoyment of any Services.
4.) Use of services: You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not: a. Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise); b. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; c. Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through The Boardroom Services; d. Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software, or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same; e. Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade, secret, or other proprietary right of any party; f. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services; g. Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
5.) Participation in or Use of Services: You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that The Boardroom does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
6.) Disruption of Services: In the event of a disruption in Services due to circumstances not within the control of The Boardroom (including, but not limited to, power outages, Internet connection disruption, broken or malfunctioning office equipment, etc.), The Boardroom is not liable for issuing refunds. The Boardroom will endeavor to efficiently restore Services in a timely manner.
7.) Termination: The Boardroom reserves the right to terminate any membership or Service at any time, including revoking access to the facilities, with or without notice. If your membership is terminated for a reason other than failure to comply with the Agreement, The Boardroom shall refund any amounts prepaid by you hereunder.
8.) Indemnification: You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless The Boardroom and The Boardroom subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), landlord, the owner of 721 Depot Drive, affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, the landlord, the owner of 721 Depot Drive from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, attorney’s fees, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services.
9.) Insurance: The Boardroom will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance. As a user, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of The Boardroom.